We understand multifamily affordable housing
GRID Alternatives New York Tri-State is a nonprofit solar installer and technical assistance provider with a unique workforce development and community engagement model. We make solar easy for multifamily affordable housing. We are a fully licensed solar contractor providing cost-competitive solar installation for affordable housing in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. We offer:
Comprehensive technical assistance at no cost
- Complete portfolio assessment for multifamily housing owners
- Identification of options for funding and installing solar on existing or new construction/rehab buildings
- Owner representation, bid analysis and other services to support the implementation of solar
- Connection with workforce development and energy efficiency education opportunities for residents
- Evaluation of energy efficiency and battery storage options
Turnkey in-house solar design and installation services
GRID Alternatives New York Tri-State is a fully licensed solar contractor. We provide cost-competitive solar installation for affordable housing in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey using a unique community engagement model that includes:
- Energy efficiency and solar education for residents
- Hands-on training opportunities for residents and local job trainees to help them access jobs in the growing solar industry
Association for Energy Affordability: Energy Efficiency and Solar Partnership (EESP)
Association for Energy Affordability, Inc. (AEA) and GRID Alternatives Tri-State launched the Energy Efficiency and Solar Partnership (EESP) to combine AEA’s leading edge expertise in energy efficiency with GRID Alternatives’ successful low-income solar model. The partnership will bring low-cost energy efficiency and solar power to owners and managers of affordable multifamily housing, who provide critical housing and services to low-income households in the New York region.
Connecticut Green Bank: Technical Assistance, Installation and Financing Partnership
GRID Alternatives Tri-State and Connecticut Green Bank, the nation’s first green bank, have partnered to simplify the process of implementing Solar PV on multifamily affordable housing in Connecticut. Through the partnership, GRID Tri-State will provide no-cost technical assistance and offer turnkey solar PV array installations. The Connecticut Green Bank provides financing for the installations.
Affordable Solar New York
GRID Alternatives Tri-State has partnered with Solar One and Co-op Power to provide free technical assistance and zero-down solar financing options to Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC) cooperatives and affordable housing providers in New York City. Learn how much your HDFC co-op or affordable housing organization can save with solar!
Special thanks to The JPB Foundation for its generous support of our technical assistance services.