GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic brings clean, renewable solar power to families across Maryland, D.C. Virginia and Delaware, and provides hands-on training opportunities for thousands of volunteers and job trainees.
GRID Alternatives provides no- to very-low-cost solar power for low-income families while providing hands-on installation experience for job seekers and community volunteers. We also offer technical assistance and turnkey installation services to multifamily affordable housing developers. Learn more.
Hands-on experience is central to our model, and we want to help turn that experience into meaningful employment opportunities for people in communities we serve. Our workforce development programs and initiatives include:
- Installation Training Programs, training programs offering volunteers hands-on installation training to develop their skills and increase employment opportunities.
- National Women in Solar Initiative, a national initiative to build a more inclusive solar workforce and connect an industry that needs good people with communities that need good jobs.
- SolarCorps Fellowships, one-year placements at GRID Alternatives that give participants the opportunity to get broad and deep experience in a variety of aspects of the industry.
- Solar Futures, a K-14 education program offering classroom curriculum and hands-on training for youth.
- Troops to Solar, an initiative supported by Wells Fargo to connect veterans to solar industry jobs by providing workforce training to U.S. military veterans and active service members across the country.
Here are a few ways you can get and stay involved with GRID:
- Sign up to volunteer! Be sure to select Mid-Atlantic as your region of interest. You'll be prompted to sign up for a mandatory volunteer orientation. On-line options are available.
- Spread the word. Find us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram and YouTube.
- Send talented and enthusiastic people to our jobs page.
- Engage your company in a team-building event.
- Make a donation to support our work. Be sure to select Mid-Atlantic as your region of interest!