Passionate about cycling, raising awareness about climate change, and supporting GRID? Participate in one of this year's Climate Ride events! As a Climate Rider, you'll have have the opportunity to cycle and network with fellow sustainability advocates, hear from inspirational speakers, and support GRID's mission by fundraising along the way.
Join the GRID Climate Ride team cycling from Bar Harbor to Boston Sept. 8-12, or meet up with cross-country cyclist extraordinaire Michael Johnson-Chase as he completes the final leg of his journey in the NYC-DC Climate Ride Sept. 14-21.
What is Climate Ride?
Climate Ride is a nonprofit that organizes charitable events to support sustainability, active transportation, and environmental causes. Read more about them here.
What does it mean to be on the GRID Alternatives Climate Ride Team?
You’re in a special group of Climate Riders who are supporting GRID Alternatives with their fundraising efforts. We’ve had a GRID team every year since 2014, when GRID first became a Climate Ride beneficiary. We have also had fundraisers support us through Climate Ride Independent Challenges - including a cross-country tour of our offices!
What do I get as a GRID team member?
- A GRID Alternatives team jersey
- Shout-outs on our social media channels to support team fundraising efforts
- The great feeling of riding in a solar-powered peloton!
How do I sign up?
- Let us know of your interest in the team (we have registration discount codes)
- Register for Climate Ride on their website
- Find and join the GRID Alternatives team as you register
- Select GRID Alternatives as your one and only beneficiary
What if a GRID team doesn’t exist for the Climate Ride I’m interested in?
You can be a team captain! Read more about this opportunity here. Let us know if you’re starting a GRID team - we have some experienced team captains who can provide advice along the way.