Learn more about our work by exploring the buttons below, or visit our partner page to find out ways to get involved.
GRID Alternatives provides no- to very-low-cost solar power for low-income families while providing hands-on installation experience for job seekers and community volunteers. We also offer technical assistance and turnkey installation services to multifamily affordable housing developers. Learn more.
Hands-on experience is central to our model, and we want to help turn that experience into meaningful employment opportunities for people in communities we serve. Our workforce development programs and initiatives include:
- Installation Training Programs, training programs offering volunteers hands-on installation training to develop their skills and increase employment opportunities.
- National Women in Solar Initiative, a national initiative to build a more inclusive solar workforce and connect an industry that needs good people with communities that need good jobs.
- SolarCorps Fellowships, one-year placements at GRID Alternatives that give participants the opportunity to get broad and deep experience in a variety of aspects of the industry.
- Solar Futures, a K-14 education program offering classroom curriculum and hands-on training for youth.
- Troops to Solar, an initiative supported by Wells Fargo to connect veterans to solar industry jobs by providing workforce training to U.S. military veterans and active service members across the country.