Installation Basics Training (IBT) Programs
Get the training you need to become a solar installer! GRID CO offers two versions of Installation Basics Training (IBT): IBT 200 and IBT/NABCEP Prep. Both are paid trainings designed to help you develop the skills solar industry employers are looking for.
Participants learn from interactive classroom instruction, hands-on lab activities, and real-world solar installation projects. No prior experience necessary!
Our curriculum is vetted by industry employers and incorporates the latest solar technologies, so you can be confident you're getting relevant, comprehensive training. You'll graduate with advanced solar knowledge, hands-on installation experience, and valuable employer connections that will help you launch your solar career and be ready to work on day one. Plus, IBT will support you from recruitment to placement, providing resume-building, soft skills training, and job search assistance to help you get the job and keep the job.
We pay you to learn! Trainees are paid a stipend on a weekly basis, at the equivalent to $16/hr. $30 worth of transportation stipends are also provided weekly. To receive the full stipend amount, trainees must meet attendance requirements.
2022 Training Schedule:
- IBT/NABCEP Prep - August 15th - September 23rd, 2022
- IBT/NABCEP Prep - October 24th - December 2nd, 2022 (Apply today!)
* All dates subject to change. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. If you are interested any 2022 trainings, feel free to complete the application now.
- IBT 200: Installation Basics Training - The core product of GRID Alternatives. A robust, industry vetted, entry level solar photovoltaic installation training. This includes 5 weeks of paid training leading to an industry recognized certification. The IBT 200 Certificate is awarded to successful completers. Training includes the OSHA10 Construction and CPR/First Aid certifications.
- IBT/NABCEP Prep - Introduced in 2022, this program adds the NABCEP Associate exam preparation into the IBT program. This is done through adding subject matter to the existing IBT program over a 6 week period. Training includes the OSHA10 Construction and CPR/First Aid Certifications.
Fill out our application NOW!
This program aims to serve residents of the Denver metro area currently seeking employment. Fill out our application and see if you qualify.
Do you have any questions about the program? Reach out to our Workforce Team:
- April Valdez, (720) 452-5605 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosa Cleary (303) 968-1330 email@example.com
Thanks to our supporters for making this program possible!