Installation Basics Training (IBT) Program
Get the training you need to become a solar installer! GRID CO offers the Installation Basics Training Program (IBT): IBT is a paid training designed to help you develop the skills solar industry employers are looking for.
Participants learn from interactive classroom instruction, hands-on lab activities, and real-world solar installation projects. No prior experience necessary!
Our curriculum is vetted by industry employers and incorporates the latest solar technologies, so you can be confident you're getting relevant, comprehensive training. You'll graduate with advanced solar knowledge, hands-on installation experience, and valuable employer connections that will help you launch your solar career and be ready to work on day one. Plus, IBT will support you from recruitment to placement, providing resume-building, soft skills training, and job search assistance to help you get the job and keep the job.
We pay you to learn! Trainees are paid a stipend on a weekly basis, at the equivalent to $17.29/hr. $30 worth of transportation stipends are also provided weekly. To receive the full stipend amount, trainees must meet attendance requirements.
2023 Training Schedule:
Installation Basics Training (IBT) with NABCEP Prep (6-weeks):
- Cohort 14: July 17th - Aug 25th
- Cohort 15: Sept 11th - Oct 20th
- Cohort 16: Oct 30th - Dec 8th
* All dates subject to change. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. If you are interested any 2023 training, feel free to complete the application now.
- IBT: Installation Basics Training / NABCEP Prep- The core workforce development program of GRID Alternatives Colorado. A robust, industry vetted, entry level solar photovoltaic installation training. This 6 week paid training course includes NABCEP PV Associate exam preparation and test, leading to an industry recognized certification. The IBT Certificate is awarded to successful graduates. Training includes the OSHA10 Construction and CPR/First Aid certifications.
Fill out our application NOW!
This program aims to serve residents of the Denver metro area currently seeking employment. Fill out our application and see if you qualify.
Do you have any questions about the program? Reach out to our Workforce Team:
- Rosa Cleary (303) 968-1330 email@example.com
Thanks to our supporters for making this program possible!