Get the training you need to become a solar installer! Installation Basics Training (IBT) is a paid, five-week training program designed to help you develop the skills solar industry employers are looking for.
Participants learn from interactive classroom instruction, hands-on lab activites, and real-world solar installation projects. No prior experience necessary!
Our curriculum is vetted by industry employers and incorporates the latest solar technologies, so you can be confident you're getting relevant, comprehensive training. You'll graduate with advanced solar knowledge, hands-on installation experience, and valuable employer connections that will help you launch your solar career and be ready to work on day one. Plus, IBT will support you from recruitment to placement, providing resume-building, soft skills training, and job search assistance to help you get the job and keep the job.
Stipends will be awarded at program milestones. To receive the full stipend, trainees must pass the final exam and capstone assessment. Transportation stipends are also available to participants.
- The first cohort of 2021 took place from January 25-February 26.
- The early summer cohort will be an extended 8-week program from June 7 - July 30. The installation portion of this cohort will be taking place in Aurora.
- The late summer cohort will be an extended 8-week program from July 19 - Septmeber 10. The installation portion of this cohort will be taking place in Westminster.
- The fall cohort is scheduled to take place from October 18 - November 19.
Want to apply?
Apply online here. There are a limited number of spaces available. GRID CO will be reaching out to schedule interviews. GRID will then notify those accepted into the 5-week program.
You must be a resident of the Denver metro area to apply and 80% or below of the Average Median Income (AMI) in Denver.
Do you have any questions about the program? Reach out to our Workforce Team:
- April Valdez (720) 452-5605 email@example.com
- Brittany Heller (720) 943-5174 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our supporters for making this program possible!