We provide comprehensive technical assistance at no cost
- Complete portfolio assessment for multifamily housing owners
- Identification of options for funding and installing solar on existing or new construction/rehab buildings
- Owner representation, bid analysis and other services to support the implementation of solar
- Connection with workforce development and energy efficiency education opportunities for residents
- Evaluation of energy efficiency and battery storage options
Turnkey in-house solar design and installation services
GRID Alternatives is a fully licensed* solar contractor. We provide cost-competitive solar installation for affordable housing in areas where we have a presence, using a unique community engagement model that includes:
- Energy efficiency and solar education for residents
- Hands-on training opportunities for residents and local job trainees to help them access jobs in the growing solar industry
Get started with a free consultation! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this short form.
Experience you can trust
GRID Alternatives has provided technical assistance to policymakers, affordable housing providers, city and county government agencies, and Native American tribes across the country. Our work includes consulting with HUD to help meet President Obama's goal of 300MW of solar on federally-assited housing; directly securing funding for partners like NeighborWorks America affiliate organizations; and direct management of California's $162 million Single-Family Affordable Solar Homes Program and the Department of California Services and Development's $14 million Low Income Weatherization Program.
Special thanks to The JPB Foundation for its generous support of our technical assistance services, and to Goldman Sachs for helping launch our multifamily program in 2014.
*GRID Alternatives is a fully licensed solar contractor. Click here for a list of our current licenses.