Save money for your mission! We offer turnkey solar installation services to nonprofit organizations serving disadvantaged communities. Every dollar invested in solar generates four dollars in savings.
Solar will help your organization:
- reduce general operating expenses
- direct more funding towards programs and services
- lower your carbon footprint
- serve as a clean energy leader in your community
GRID makes the process of going solar easy and has funding and financing resources developed specifically for nonprofits. All of our projects include deep community engagement and workforce development for local job trainees.
Contact the GRID office in your region to get started today.
Case Study: Atascadero Loaves and Fishes
In May 2016, GRID Alternatives Central Coast completed a 15.5 kilowatt solar installation for Loaves and Fishes in Atascadero, California, a volunteer-run organization that provides free food to those in need. Over 50 California Polytechnic Institute students and local job trainees gained hands-on solar installation training throughout the project. “This solar system will generate significant energy savings, which will allow us to expand our services to clients,” said Tim Eckles, Loaves and Fishes grant officer.
- 15.5 kilowatts of solar
- Estimated savings of $177k over the next 25 years
- 50 participants gained hands-on job training experience
- 303 tons of greenhouse gas emissions prevented