What is a Solar Champion?
Solar Champions are individual supporters who each commit to raising a minimum of $500 for our mission, and in exchange get to learn new skills, make friends, network with industry professionals, and be part of a fun and invaluable community effort.
How can I be a Solar Champion?
Get together a team of 5-10 Solar Champions to fundraise for GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic and participate in a solar installation day together. Invite your friends, coworkers, classmates, community group, or volunteer organization to participate in your fundraising campaign. GRID will provide you with your own fundraising webpage and a toolkit for fundraising success! After you raise money, you and your team will see the results of your fundraising efforts and install solar on a deserving client's home.
Solar Champion Work Day
Team Minimum Fundraising Target: $5,000
Individual Minimum Fundraising Target: $500
GRID Alternatives' experienced solar installers will teach and lead your team to install a solar system for a local family. Projects can be scheduled any time during the year (weather dependent).
- All volunteer spaces (5-10) reserved for your team for a single installation day.
- Photos of your team on the roof that you can share with friends, family, or your organization.
- Recognition in GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic monthly newsletter and social media platforms.
- Detailed safety trainings and protocols, and volunteers are covered under GRID Alternatives' insurace.
- Installations are available in Washington D.C.
How to Get Started
Find your team and contact GRID! We'll help you set up your fundraising webpage and send you our fundraising toolkit with ideas, tips, and strategies to help you meet your goal. Then you can go out in the community and spread the word about your fundraising campaign!
For more information about becoming a Solar Champion, contact our office via email, DCdevelopment@gridalternatives.org, or via phone at 202-602-0191.