GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic brings clean, renewable solar power to families across Maryland, D.C. Virginia and Delaware, and provides hands-on training opportunities for thousands of volunteers and job trainees.
Energy for All (formally Solar Programs)
GRID Alternatives provides no- to very-low-cost solar power for income-qualified families while providing hands-on installation experience for job seekers and community volunteers. We also offer technical assistance and turnkey installation services to multifamily affordable housing developers. In the District of Columbia, GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic provides its solar services through D.C.'s Solar for All Program. Learn more here.
Hands-on experience is central to our model, and we want to help turn that experience into meaningful employment opportunities for people in the communities we serve. Our workforce development programs and initiatives include:
- Installation Training Programs, training programs offering participants hands-on installation training to develop their skills and increase employment opportunities.
- National Women in Solar Program, an effort to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive solar industry by providing pathways to technical careers for women, highlighting the voices of women of color in the industry, and providing national leadership on solar workforce diversity.
- SolarCorps Fellowships, one-year placements at GRID Alternatives that give participants the opportunity to get broad and deep experience in a variety of aspects of the industry.
- Solar Futures, a K-14 education program offering classroom curriculum and hands-on training for youth.
Here are a few ways you can get and stay involved with GRID:
- Sign up to volunteer! Be sure to select Mid-Atlantic as your region of interest. You'll be prompted to sign up for a mandatory volunteer orientation. On-line options are available.
- Spread the word. Find us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram and YouTube.
- Send talented and enthusiastic people to our jobs page.
- Engage your company in a team-building event.
- Make a donation to support our work. Be sure to select Mid-Atlantic as your region of interest!