As we gear up for another busy year at GRID, we want to take a moment to reflect on and celebrate our success in 2015. Thanks to all of our supporters, homeowners, and volunteers, it has been an amazing year in the Bay Area! Here are a few key wins from 2015:
- You helped us install 160 solar systems for low-income families in 2015! Thanks to you, these families will collectively save a whopping $3.5 million over the lifetime of their systems and offset 7,000 of greenhouse gas emissions – the equivalent of planting over 164,000 trees!
- GRID Bay Area volunteers put in 8,000 hours of service in their communities. That’s some serious time spent, all directly benefitting low-income families!
- Over 65 of our local volunteers were recruited for jobs in the growing solar industry thanks to their experience with GRID.
- We administered 11 in-depth trainings for over 100 job trainees, 25 of whom have already started jobs in the solar industry thanks to their training, with many more working towards job placement through active interviews and internships.
- With help from donors and supporters like you, we raised over $700,000 to support GRID’s local work, including raising $7,500 to help get a new construction vehicle!
Amazing! We hope you are as inspired by these results as we are! We are already out in the field installing solar to make 2016 even brighter, but we can't do it without your continued support. Keep coming out on the roof, telling your friends, referring potential clients and donating generously! Together, we can make our shared vision of a successful transition to clean, renewable energy that includes everyone a reality.
Thanks again for all that you did to make 2015 a banner year for GRID in the Bay Area!
We also want to share a special shout-out to the many Bay Area supporters who provided major funding for our work in 2015, including SunEdison, SunPower, Enphase Energy, the JPB Foundation, Wells Fargo, NRG Energy, a donor-advised fund of the San Francisco Foundation, PG&E, Sunrun, the City of Richmond, Spruce Finance, the Winograd-Hutner Family Fund, the San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development, Chevron, Genentech, Mazzetti, the Clif Bar Family Foundation, Google, Sungevity, NextEra Energy Resources, the Danem Foundation, NEXTracker, Kleinberg Benefits Inc, Salesforce.com, Vivint Solar, Winston & Strawn LLP, USBank, Beneficial State Bank, and more! To see a full list of GRID's current supporters, visit us online here.
For more information on GRID’s impact nationwide in 2015, check out our annual report here!