Sponsor a Solar Corporate Workday with GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic to demonstrate your company's commitment to your local community and to the environment, while engaging your group in a fun and educational team-building project with tangible, long-term benefits for a family in need.
Not part of an organization and still want to help? Become a Solar Champion and fundraise with your friends to sponsor a system, or make an individual donation to GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic, to help more homes go solar in the region!
Your organization can partner with GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic for team-building volunteer days installing solar in underserved communities.
Solar Work Day: $7,500
Every Solar Work Day includes
- 10 volunteer participation slots
- Refreshments and sun protection
- An environmental and financial impact report of your team's on-day volunteer service
- Digital photos of your team
- Recognition on GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic's website, social media, and monthly newsletter
- Detailed safety trainings and insurance coverage for all volunteers
For larger events and strategic partnerships, we can work with you to develop custom marketing plans, including media collaboration, co-branding and content development.
“It was a wonderful experience to learn about how much solar energy can save this homeowner monthly. I also learned a new skill and the teamwork was the icing on the cake.”
- Courtney J. DeRamus, Wells Fargo
"I think that they make you work hard and it’s good to get a good sweat sometimes and get to know your coworkers more outside of an office setting. And I think it was also really fantastic to learn a lot more about the project itself and the community."
- Brenda Chew, Smart Electric Power Alliance
Solar Workdays allow groups to team-build while giving back to the community. Our corporate volunteers have helped GRID install solar on everything from single family homes, saving homeowners money on their electricity bills, to large-scale multi-family projects, helping non-profits keep costs down for their tenants. Read about some of our past corporate builds!
- Wells Fargo helps a single family homeowner in Baltimore save approximately $800 annually
- The Smart Electric Power Alliance sponsors two days on a multi-family project in Southeast DC
- Constellation volunteers help us install a 90 kW solar system for an affordable senior living center
- The NAACP joins us in Baltimore following the release of their "Lights Out in the Cold" energy access report
- Part of WGL's annual Day of Weatherization was spent helping GRID staff install solar for tenants.
- Other workday partners include: Deloitte, Accenture, The Solar Foundation, Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), and Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND)
GRID Alternatives is both a licensed contractor and a mission-based organization, and their experienced staff will cover event planning, site safety, insurance, equipment, and hands-on training for all participants. No experience needed!
Contact GRID Alternatives to learn more and start planning your solar work day
"I think it’s a good team building activity also it’s good to get outside your comfort zone and do something different and very good for the community."
- Lisa Nicholson, Constellation