As we glance back at 2018, there are many positive achievements that GRID can be thankful for here in the IE.
• 185 homeowners received no cost solar.
• A mix of 390 volunteers and job trainees received hands-on training. Of those, 18 landed jobs as a result.
• GRID IE had the most interns in the history of the IE office, with 24 interns this year.
• GRID IE hosted two career fairs.
• 12 North Carolina State University students participated in Solar Spring Break.
• There were 250 students who went through Solar Futures program.
• GRID IE hosted two Women in Solar builds and one Troops to Solar build in 2018.
• GRID IE kicked off its first Workforce Advisory Committee
• GRID IE became an affiliate with a strong local board of directors.
• The IE office also received an award from South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCQAMD) for Youth Leadership in Air Quality Award at the 30th Annual Clean Air Awards, highlighting GRID’s Solar Futures program.
GRID is excited about its future and looks forward to achieving even more success in 2019. The recent passing of a new law in California will soon require new developments to be equipped with solar. According to a report by the California Energy Commission, California is the nation’s leader when it comes to solar energy. With the passing of SB100, the state of California set a goal of achieving 100 percent clean, zero carbon, and renewable energy policy for California’s electricity system by 2045. GRID Alternatives is at the forefront of helping to achieve this goal by being the largest nonprofit community-based organization providing clean renewable energy for all, as well as free solar installation job training in the Inland region.
As we close out 2018 and celebrate these great accomplishments, we invite you to help us continue to build a clean safer environment for all to enjoy by making a donation. Any gift large or small will provide the necessary resources to continue the important work GRID is doing of providing clean energy and jobs here in the Inland region. Visit our donation page to make your gift now through the end of this year.