The GRID Alternatives North Valley office was established in Chico, California in 2011. Our office serves a diverse 20-county region, spanning from Sacramento County north to the Oregon border.
Our work makes a big impact for families, saving them tens of thousands of dollars in energy costs over their system's lifetime. Savings that can then be used on other critical family needs, and spent in the local community.
But we do more than just deliver solar energy to qualified homeowners. Our projects help job seekers be competitive in the emerging renewables industry. We provide a number of hands-on, job training opportunities each month, at no-cost to the participants. Our program also provides valuable service opportunities for corporate work teams and community volunteers.
GRID Alternatives has installed more than 10MW of locally generated, clean and renewable energy, benefitting families, for the environment and the community. To learn more about how you can engage with our work, contact the North Valley office at email@example.com.
Hands-on experience is central to our model, and we want to help turn that experience into meaningful employment opportunities for people in communities we serve. Our workforce development programs and initiatives include:
- Installation Training Programs, training programs offering participants hands-on installation training to develop their skills and increase employment opportunities.
- National Women in Solar Program, an effort to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive solar industry by providing pathways to technical careers for women, highlighting the voices of women of color in the industry, and providing national leadership on solar workforce diversity.
- SolarCorps Fellowships, one-year placements at GRID Alternatives that give participants the opportunity to get broad and deep experience in a variety of aspects of the industry.
- Solar Futures, a K-14 education program offering classroom curriculum and hands-on training for youth.
- Troops to Solar, an initiative supported by Wells Fargo to connect veterans to solar industry jobs by providing workforce training to U.S. military veterans and active service members across the country.