Interfaith Power & Light is partnering with national nonprofit GRID Alternatives to promote GRID's Solar Affordable Housing Program to qualifying congregants, families, neighbors and friends.
There are lots of ways to get your faith community involved. Here are just a few:
- Invite a GRID Alternatives representative to speak at a service
- Put up GRID/IPL posters in your church, mosque or synagogue and distribute materials at congregation events
- Mention GRID's services in your faith community's newsletter
- Host or co-host a workshop for community and congregation members to learn more about GRID's services
- Participate in a GRID installation individually or as a congregation
- Organize on-the ground outreach to low-income communities
- Challenge another church/faith based group to a GRID/IPL low-income solar sign-up-a-thon
For more information, contact Jeff Coleman, VP of Outreach.
About Interfaith Power & Light
The mission of Interfaith Power & Light is to be faithful stewards of Creation by responding to global warming through the promotion of energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy. This campaign intends to protect the earth’s ecosystems, safeguard the health of all Creation, and ensure sufficient, sustainable energy for all.
About GRID Alternatives
GRID Alternatives' vision is a transition to clean, renewable energy that includes everyone. Our mission is to make renewable energy technology and training available to underserved communities. We bring together community partners, volunteers and job trainees to implement solar power and energy efficiency for low-income families, providing energy cost savings, valuable hands-on experience, and a source of clean, local energy that benefits us all.