Solar is a great way to reduce your operating expenses, and it’s more affordable now than ever. SOMAH’s groundbreaking incentive program covers nearly all installation costs. Let GRID help you secure those incentives and leverage our internal financing to bring your organization affordable solar solutions.
We make solar easy for you.
Benefits of solar
- Reduced operating costs
- Tenant utility savings
- Return on investment
- Increased curb appeal
- Increased property value
For over 15 years, GRID Alternatives has provided low-cost technical assistance, in-house solar design, and installation services to affordable housing providers that serve environmental justice communities. To date, GRID has installed 85 multifamily solar systems, providing hundreds of thousands of dollars in lifetime savings for owners and tenants. We are experts at securing solar incentives and can leverage our internal financing to bring your organization affordable solutions.
GRID Alternatives is a fully licensed* solar contractor. We provide cost-competitive turnkey solar development and installation services for affordable housing throughout California, Colorado and the Mid-Atlantic area, including:
- Free solar suitability assessment for your portfolio
- Evaluation of energy efficiency and battery storage options
- In-house engineering, procurement, permitting, and construction teams
- Deep community engagement, including workforce development and solar education for tenants
- Title 24 code compliance for new construction
- Securing solar incentives (SOMAH, MASH, NSHP, CSI, etc.)