In order to plan in advance for the health and safety of our communities, volunteers, and staff, like many of you, we’ve had to change our typical programming for 2021 and will not be having our usual in-person Solar Spring Break (SSB). Instead, we are excited to be hosting Solar Spark, a virtual collegiate conference focused on environmental equity and sustainability that will be put on by students and for students!
During this spring conference (taking place on April 1-4), students will engage in workshops, discussions, and training in solar (and related technologies) and environmental justice through an online collegiate community experience. Students can look forward to:
- Learning from luminaries in the field about the solar energy industry, innovative renewable energy technologies, energy justice, policy, and the future of solar through student-led interviews and discussions with industry experts.
- Connecting with organizations and career pathways that support clean, renewable energy, as well as meeting industry employers and learning about internships, fellowships, and entry-level positions.
- Getting to know other college students who share a passion for an equitable and sustainable energy future.
Students will be able to interact with peers and professionals to learn about exciting developments and opportunities in the solar industry, clarify a vision for a renewable-energy-fueled future that is equitable, inclusive, and built with cutting-edge new technology, and feel inspired to spark a brighter future for people and the planet.
College students have a core role to play in planning and running this conference and are invited to bring their creativity, vision, and skills to bear in shaping an event that meaningfully reflects their values, interests, and priorities. We would love to connect if:
- You are a student (or know one) who might be interested in a volunteer role with the conference (planning, logistical support, etc.).
- Your school is interested in sponsoring at a flat rate so students can attend at no out-of-pocket cost to them.
- You are interested in discussing other possible avenues for collaboration or involvement.
For more information on sponsorship or signing up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org