GRID Alternatives San Diego will launch a new event this November 4th. Community Appreciation Day will bring together renewable energy advocacy groups, local officials and GRID clients and volunteers to learn about the latest in solar policy and innovation, as well as how to make their own homes more energy efficient.
Where/when is the event?:
Community Appreciation Day will take place on Saturday, November 4th in Dennis V. Allen Park (800 Boundary St, San Diego, CA 92102) from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. A more detailed agenda of events to be announced.
Who will be there?:
- Climate Action Campaign
- I am my Brother's Keeper
- Cleantech San Diego
- Center for Sustainable Energy (EV rebate prog.)
- Assemblymember, Todd Gloria
- Cody Hooven, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of San Diego
- National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
More to be announced!
$500 Grand Prize
Do you have friends / family / neighbors who you think might qualify to go solar with GRID? Our outreach team will be on site on Community Appreciation Day going through application materials and answering questions. Whoever brings the most qualified applications to the team between September 20th and November 4th will win a $500 Grand Prize. The winner will be announced on Community Appreciation Day. Read the full guidelines here.
We would love to see you at this first ever GRID San Diego Community Appreciation Day, click on the links below to learn more about how to attend!
1) Have a booth at the event:
- Meet and speak with community members and other important renewable energy advocates.
- Share information and literature about your organization.
- Enjoy live music and delicious food.
- Mentions in our newsletter (circulation of 4500) and local and national social media.
- Media opportunities.
Attendees must provide their own canopy / table / chairs. Set up must be complete by 9:30 a.m. Please contact Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org with more info about your organization.
2) Attend as a guest: please RSVP here.