Support GRID Alternatives' International Program through sponsoring a private, team-building trip to Nicaragua, Nepal, or Mexico for up to 10 people. These unique international experiences enable teams to learn about solar energy, make a fundamental difference at a grassroots level, and gain a new perspective about life in another culture. Sponsoring a private trip not only shows your support for clean energy and poverty alleviation but helps our International Program continue to addresses a critical energy access gap in the communities we work with.
Read below for more information on how to get your team involved in one of our upcoming private international trips and learn more about donating to our International Program.
- Teambuilding: Improve communication and cooperation on your team by engaging your staff in a fun, inspiring, and educational project.
- Brand-building: Showcase your company's commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
- Experiential learning: Learn technical aspects of off-grid or grid-tied solar and how it impacts communities.
- Cultural immersion: Experience program activities designed for a deep personal and team experience that helps individuals understand more about their own culture, values and underlying assumptions about global issues such as energy poverty.
We Work With You
- A corporate liaison who will work closely with your management, HR and employee engagement team.
- A single GRID point of contact for your team in Nicaragua, Mexico or Nepal, who will support you every step of the way.
- All logistics, transportation, accommodations and meals in-country coordinated by our GRID team. (Sample itinerary)
- Bilingual guides to accompany the group at all times — no Spanish needed.
- Photos you can share internally and externally.
- Close collaboration with your PR/Communications team before and after the trip to highlight your sponsorship.
Sponsor a private team-building trip to Nicaragua, Nepal, or Mexico.
- Private, 8-day solar expedition in Nicaragua, Mexico or Nepal
- Space for up tp 10 employees
- Three-day immersive experience installing a solar system to power a health center, a small business, an orphanages or school, a community water projects or homes in a rural off-grid community. Participants engage with community members while working on the projects.
- Unique cultural activities such as a walking tour of historical sites, learning how to make chocolate, a visit to an artisan market, interaction with local residents, visiting a temple, eating lunch at a restaurant powered by solar cookers, going on a coffee farm tour, visiting small businesses with a social mission, and more.
- Sponsorships starting at $50,000 which includes all in-country accommodations, meals, transportation, and directly makes the solar project possible. Round-trip airfare or travel insurance for participants not included.
- We offer custom packages for companies to sponsor larger projects to engage more employees.
Support our Workforce Development Program
- As part of GRID's commitment to local workforce development, your company can provide philanthropic support for a project, allowing local residents to participate in our solar installations.
- Sponsor a cohort of job trainees to participate in our solar workforce training program to build their skills and resumes to enter the local solar industry.
Millions of people around the world live without access to reliable electricity and rely on harmful, polluting alternatives like diesel and gas generators, kerosene lamps, and candles to see at night. Even in communities where the electric grid is present, the financial barriers are so high that electricity remains inaccessible and unreliable. Solar provides clean, reliable electricity 24 hours a day, enabling people to access information, stay healthy, communicate with others, enjoy entertainment, start small businesses to generate income, and live a more comfortable life.
Ready to learn more?
For more information about sending your staff on a life-changing trip with GRID, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the following companies for supporting our work.