Safety is our top priority at GRID. We have adopted extra safety and physical distancing protocols on every solar installation based on guidance from solar industry leaders and local public health officials. We are regularly monitoring additional public health guidance as it is issued to evaluate and update our policies as needed.
Here are the precautions we take on every solar installation project:
- Requiring face masks to be worn at all times by anyone who enters designated construction zones, including GRID staff, clients and their family members, delivery drivers, site inspectors, etc.
- Maintaining 6 feet of physical distancing between all individuals in the construction zone at all times
- Providing hand-washing stations on site, and washing hands frequently
- Regularly sanitizing frequently touched surfaces on site and in construction vehicles
- Using porta potties to minimize or eliminate the need to enter individuals’ homes
- GRID staff make their own lunch arrangements while on site
- Providing a sanitation station for site inspectors
In addition, GRID staff who feel ill are required to stay home, and we are rescheduling installations if clients or their family members become ill.
If you are a GRID client and have questions or concerns about your installation, please reach out to your Outreach Coordinator.