Eligible applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to qualify:
- Receive electrical service from Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), Southern California Edison (SCE), or San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Own and live in their home.
- Have a household income that is 80% or below of the area median income. This will be based on the previous year's tax return. Click here to view the median income in your county.
- Live in a home defined as "affordable housing." "Affordable housing" is defined by California Public Utilities (P.U.) Code 2852. This can take many forms, which include the following:
- Single-family home has a resale restriction or an equity sharing agreement with a public entity or nonprofit affordable housing provider
- Single-family home is part of a multi-family complex supported by public funds to enable selling the home at an affordable cost to low income families.
- Single-family home was purchased through a first time homebuyer program or loan program that uses state or federal HOME funding - and contains a qualifying resale restriction or equity sharing agreement.
- Other: Certain and specific “presumed resale restrictions” meet this requirement, such as those found in federally-designated Empowerment Zones, Enterprise Communities, certain Neighborhood Revitalization Areas, Targeted Employment Areas, and Qualified Census Tracts.
Think you qualify? Complete the online eligibility form or call GRID Alternatives toll-free at (866) 921-4696 to coordinate a pre-screening phone conversation.
Click here for a multi-lingual SASH brochure.