Safety is a core GRID value. With the rapid spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share with you the response GRID is taking to slow the spread of the virus and limit potential exposure for our staff, our partners, our volunteers and trainees, and the communities we work with as we continue our work expanding renewable energy access.
In addition to following the guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization and local health authorities, we are also deeply engaged with our solar industry partners, particularly those with construction operations, and other nonprofits to learn from each other and cultivate best practices across our organizations and companies.
Until further notice, GRID has taken the following actions in response to COVID-19:
- All of GRID's physical offices are closed and all staff, with the exception of construction staff, are working from home. Where allowed, GRID's construction operations continue to install solar and benefit families following guidance from industry leaders and local public health officials with additional safety and physical distancing protocols. We are monitoring additional stay-at-home public health orders as they are issued and continue to evaluate and update our policies.
- Where contruction operations continue, we are following CDC guidelines, limiting entry into clients' homes, and adopting additional public health and physical distancing precautions.
- Volunteer installations, corporate sponsored workdays, and in-person trainings are canceled.
- Volunteer orientation and other events are being held online.
- International Program trips are postponed through at least May, 2020.
- We have canceled any remaining Solar Spring Break trips and are moving student engagement online.
- All outreach activities are being conducted virtually. You can still see if you qualify for our Energy for All program!
GRID’s premier fundraiser, Interconnection 2020, is now a virtual event! Join us on May 7, 2020, starting at 6 p.m. PST. This inspiring evening will be a great opportunity to bring the entire GRID community together to continue to support and fight for resilience and climate justice. We are so grateful for those who have already purchased Interconnection tickets and to our event sponsors as 100% of these funds are going directly to support GRID’s mission.
This message will be continually updated with the safety measures that GRID is implementing. You can learn more about the financial impact of the crisis on GRID's operations in this video.
Information around the impact of COVID-19 around the country and globe is evolving daily and we are following the situation closely. It is times like these that remind us how incredibly grateful we are for the GRID community. Thank you!
Tim & Erica
P.S. We appreciate your continued support of our work during this time.